Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan, Climate Change Working Group
Minutes of meeting 7th February 2017
Present: Margaret Toft, Richard Toft, Raja Jarrah.
That we are complying with the full ministerial statement (HCWS488) from 2012 whereby it seems clear that building to Code 4 equivalent is allowed, emphasising that we are not asking for more than this in the NP
further information received with current examples from other Local and Neighbourhood Plans that have been accepted can now be included in our text.
It was agreed that the introduction to our NP should include a clear statement relating to climate change issues that we consider are important and that are addressed in the NP.
Action for points 4 and 5 : RT, RJ.
Action : RT, RJ
7. Date of next meeting: to be arranged
Climate Change (CC)
30 March 2016
Venue 67 Coronation Road
Attendance Richard Toft, Margaret Toft, Sam Wilberforce, John West, Raja Jarrah (these notes)
1. Apologies – none received
2. Notes of Previous Meeting - agreed
3. Update on Actions from Previous Meeting 15 Feb
• RJ followed up with Broomhills, and has received material, also reviewed by RT, confirming that 20% rainfall increase due to CC had been factored in to design of flood defences.
• SW – research on legality and regulation of local grids – carried forward
4. Issues/Agenda Items
i. Group will use information from our presentation to Steering Committee (SC), plus additional comments received, to complete “Issues tables” using Jo Witherden’s template, as follows:
1. CC mitigation – RJ
2. Energy Efficiency – housing – SW
3. Energy Efficiency - commercial – SW
4. Renewable Energy – RT
5. Waste management – RT
6. Transport – MT
7. Green space – MT
8. Adaptation to flooding – JW
ii. As “Evidence” we should cite the range of existing documents already produced by recognised bodies in Dorset and elsewhere, including Local Plan, its Sustainability
Assessment, various Strategies etc.
RT can guide people to what’s available.
iii. First drafts circulated to group by 8th April, comments by 11th, for submission as a set to Jo on 13th – by RT.
Any evidence/issue identified by the Working Group to be put forward for inclusion in draft Plan
Need to consider impact of increased flooding on location and operation of sewage works and electric substations.
5. Arrangements for Next Meeting
Raja is away from 11- 25th April , and will miss next SC meeting on 20th April. RT/MT will make sure CC is represented then. Next meeting as CCWG 12 noon Wednesday 4th May, at 67 Coronation Road again (thank you Margaret and Richard)