Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group Meeting
Tuesday 20 January 2015 at Bridport Town Council (Mountfield)
Present: John Budden (Bridport), Phyllida Culpin (Allington), Nick Devlin
(Allington), Richard Freer (Allington), Phillip Grey (Bridport), Ian Harvey (Bradpole), Andrew Leppard (Bridport), Wendy Thorogood (Bothenhampton & Walditch).
In Attendance: Bob Gillis (Bridport Town Clerk), Sal Robinson (Minutes Taker),
Mathew (Matt) Dalton-Aram (Project Manager), Sandy Goldsmith (Bradpole Parish Clerk) and Tricia Dendle (Bradpole Parish Council)
- Welcome, purpose of meeting and introduction of Steering Group members.
- Mathew Dalton-Aram welcomed everyone and briefly explained the purpose of the meeting and his role as Project Manager. All those
present introduced themselves.
- Background to the Neighbourhood Plan.
- The Launch Event presentation was replayed as a reminder.
- All comments collected at the Launch Event have been collated and Matt will send them out to all Steering Group members.
- ACTION - Matt will ask WDDC to do a presentation on the emerging Local Plan for
the Steering Group. All agreed that a thorough understanding of the need for housing, employment etc detailed in the Local Plan is required.
- It would appear that a local evidence based assessment of needs has not been done as part of the Local Plan and the
Neighbourhood Pan is an ideal opportunity to do this.
- Matt suggested that other presentations could be requested e.g. from potential developers.
- Update on progress to date.
- Budget - £2,000 is available from the 5 Parishes / Town Council and from WDDC. A further £2,000 is available in the next financial
- “Locality” is offering grants of up to £7,000.
- ACTION - Grant sources need to be investigated and grants applied
- Until it is known how much money is available it is not possible to scope what can be done to achieve it the Neighbourhood
- Steering Group Terms of Reference and housekeeping.
- Code of Conduct – ACTION - Matt and Bob to provide a draft for the next meeting.
- Register of Interests – ACTION - as above.
- The following appointments were agreed:-
Chair – Wendy Thorogood
Vice-Chair - Phyllida Culpin
Finance - Phillip Grey
Minutes Secretary – Sal Robinson
- 3 / 4 more people are needed for the Steering Group. Currently there is no-one from Symondsbury Parish, the Chamber of Commerce, no
young person, no person with disability and no-one who has lived in the area for a significant number of years.
- ACTION - Bob to approach the Bridport Area Youth Council and
Ian to talk to Colfox School
- ACTION - all members to think about the type of person who
will benefit the Steering Group.
- Communication and IT requirements.
- Agreed that a website is essential for people to access all documents etc
generated as the Plan progresses and that some form of “social media” is also essential.
- ACTION - everyone to look at websites and social media used for other
- ACTION – Nick to speak to people he knows for possible assistance
- Agreed that Steering Group members need specific e-mail addresses.
- ACTION - Phil to investigate how this can be achieved.
- ACTION - Matt to e-mail contact details for Steering Group members to
- Housekeeping & working arrangements.
- Agreed that the next meeting will be in 2 weeks time, on 3 February, at 7:00 pm
- Agreed that from then on meetings will be monthly on the 1st Tuesday
of the month, at a venue in each Parish / Town in turn.
- ACTION - The Minutes Secretary will produce a report for the quarterly Joint
Council Committee meeting giving key points, progress etc., taken from the Steering Group meeting minutes.
- Agreed that the minutes of the Steering Group should be sent to the five Parish
/ Town Councils involved in the Neighbourhood Plan i.e. Allington, Bothenhampton & Walditch, Bradpole, Bridport and Symondsbury.
- Key outcomes and timeframes for delivery
- ACTION – Matt to send the initial project plan to all for discussion at the
- Next steps to take the Plan forwards
- Vision Statement - Agreed that everyone will look at websites
and social media used by other Neighbourhood Plans for ideas for the next meeting.
- Agreed that the project title is “Vision
- ACTION – Matt to circulate the issues raised at the Launch Event to
- ACTION – Initially Matt will be “communications officer” and
will issue press releases on progress etc to the media – to be considered at the next Steering Group meeting.